Dear family in Christ, His Church! Once and once again the words of scripture are proven,” The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. “John 1:5 Christ is the light and the life that He shines into, shines for Him!
One elderly man from the tribe encouraged us with his question. “I watch you Christians for a long time already and I like what you do. I have bad hearing and don’t speak Thai, but may I become a Christian?” The light of Christ is seen!
For the first time in the history of Avoda, we had an opportunity to gather as a team, from four different projects in Thailand and spend a wonderful time in the encouragement of Scriptures. We had an opportunity to meet with a missionary who served in Thailand for over 20 years with his family and was with Avoda in the very beginning. About 20 years ago, it was just an overgrown, dry piece of land. Every evening, Raimund and John came there and spent days in prayer and fasting so that the Lord would use this place for His glory. Today we see the answered prayers and how the lord is doing His work through Avoda in different parts of Thailand. The light of Christ starts with the little and spreads, because for Him, there are no boundaries.
A big testimony to the light of Christ is that we can testify to the changing lives of our students and teenagers. Our school year came to a closing and looking back, we give thanks for the five teenage girls from the village who joyfully joined to help in the evening school, where towards the end of the school year, we had over 40 students. We had a wonderful opportunity to invite parents and friends to celebrate the closing of the school year and share with them about who we are and why we study the stories about Jesus and pray to the Highest God. This was a wonderful time for the children where they showed their abilities to speak in English, after which the parents signed them up for summer camp and the coming school year! The light of Christ attracts people!
Towards the end of the year, our students had a task in their public schools where they had to prepare a skit for the whole school. Our students decided to show skits of the miracles of Jesus where He healed and fed 5000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish. Among all the skits and Buddhist stories, that evening, over 200 people could hear and see the story of Jesus through these young lives! The light of Christ has no boundaries in age or culture!
It is because of the church of Christ and the faithful and chosen, because of your prayers and support, we can be witnesses together to these and many more blessings. Because the light of Christ shines and the darkness cannot overcome it!
We ask you to uphold in prayer:
1. The family that lost their son and brother, 13 year old Sama. He was one of our student who heard about Jesus, played football, studied, laughed and sometimes didn’t show his emotions. One day after school he got into an accident on with his friend on a motorcycle. Please pray for his mom and two brothers and also for all of our students who have lots of questions about life after death and aren’t yet rooted in their beliefs because their families believe in spirits.
2. The families that heard about Jesus through our school program.
3. The need for more workers to lead summer camp.
4. The ministry with the boys through sports. At the end of this month we will have a competition with a team from other villages.
5. The elderly man who wants to become a Christian and wisdom in how to bring the gospel amidst the cultural and language barriers.
6. Us as leaders to have wisdom in spreading the work of God.
We believe in the power of prayer that God answers and that he sends His blessings.
With prayers over you, San and Anita.DONATE NOW
The funds you donate will be designated to this project
Fill in the Form
Please make sure your contact information is correct
Choose between one-time or recurring support
Grace to you Dear Church! This month was very active and we believe fruitful!DONATE NOW
“I tell you, you – Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and theDONATE NOW
Dear Church, thank you very much for your prayers and support during this very specialDONATE NOW